วันอาทิตย์ที่ 7 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Intex 54907EG Easy 15 Feet 42 Inch

The size is a bit deceiving. The Intex 54907EG Easy 15 Feet 42 Inch measures just over 14.5 feet, not 15 as advertised. Somewhere it's mentioned that water level is 42" so don't think that your getting 48". I knew about the water level but the diameter was a surprise. I ordered a 15' solar cover and wondered why it was too big. I got took the tape measure to the pool and found out why. These size issues don't really bother my but it should be noted more clearly on box.

Yes the ladder is flimsy but usable. I cut a couple of boards and put them at the top for a platform, it's a good place for the kids to sit and ladder is sturdier. I'm 280 lbs. and have not problem as long as I'm careful.

One thing that did make me frown a bit was the pinhole leak that I discovered after filling the pool. Brand new and a leak? Ohhh well that's Chinese quality I guess. They include a repair kit that has some vinyl but NO Glue! I fixed it by taking a small amount of bathroom caulk and putting on the inside of the pool, this stopped the leak so I could work on the outside. I used JB Weld..lol to attach piece of the supplied vinyl to the outside. It's held up fine. Not the recommended fix, but it's what I had laying around and didn't have to run to the store to purchase glue.

The pump of Above Ground Swimming Pools is working fine, where I see others have had problems with the pumps wearing out. I actually put a valve in and run a separate hose off it for solar heating. I run the pump 6-10 hours a day. I purchased two additional filters but have yet to use them. I have been reusing the same filter that came with pool by spraying it off with the hose. It comes out nice and clean for me.

As far as chemicals, I have spent $9 on bleach and $6 on borax in 2.5 months. I found out how to take care of the water here [...]. I then use this calculator to add bleach and raise my PH [...] It's worked like a charm, I actually keep the chlorine pretty low and the water is crystal clear with no algae. My well water is acidic so borax helps raise PH on that. The rain has lowered the PH too, so more borax helped there as well.

As far as setup, it was pretty easy. I'm satisfied with pool. I paid $249 for the pool at Walmart so the price here is a bit high, I can see where free delivery and the lack of a Walmart could justify the additional price.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: