วันจันทร์ที่ 26 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2556

XOXO Womens XO5472 Analog Bracelet

My girlfriend wanted an elegant but practical watch that could be worn in formal as well as casual settings. This watch looks great and met that criteria perfectly. She also wanted a no-hassle watch she could rely on. This watch is a high quality Citizen Eco-Drive so it should be dependable and low maintenance.

The band does scratch pretty easily, which is too bad, but I suppose it's something to be expected of just about any watch with a metal band.

The day of the week takes a long time to completely roll over. The date is pretty quick, starts switching around 11:50 p.m. and finishes around 12:30 a.m. But the day of the week doesn't completely finish switching to the new day until about 4:00 a.m.!

Also, plan on having to adjust the date at the end of months that have more or less than 31 days in them. A pre-programmed perpetual calendar would be ideal but would surely cost more and would likely require the watch to be larger. And since I like its size as is and prefer to not pay much more for a watch, I won't complain about that.

My girlfriend really likes this watch and is very happy with it. It's a great every-day wearer that looks sharp worn with about anything (except a lot of gold, of course).

I actually looked at the receipt and I bought XOXO Womens XO5472 Analog Bracelet in May of 2004. I've worn this watch around the clock since then and I'm not careful with it at all. The band has a lot of scratches but they are not really visible at a casual glance, and the glass has some minor scratches. I only had the battery go low once during a particularly cold winter (lots of long sleeves) but half an hour under a lamp quickly took care of that.

The watch has been in a lot of water, including the ocean and it's still water proof and it is accurate as far as I can tell (accurate enough for my purposes, anyway). For my previous watch (Seiko) I had to shell out $25 every time my battery died (every year) as the cheaper battery places couldn't open it. So with this watch, I've saved a lot of money on batteries already and I expect I'll be able to keep it for many more years to come. If it ever dies, I'll definitely get another Eco Drive watch. 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: