วันพุธที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Surround Air XJ 3800 Intelli Pro Photocatalytic

I was expecting more from this Surround Air XJ 3800 Intelli Pro Photocatalytic. I'm a single father, and I'm not a fan of dusting. So I expected to see a little more in the filters, but not much at all. Others talk about how their unit senses odors and such, and they could see the lights changing as it did things, or as the auto setting would turn up the speed and such. I went so far as to get a fresh stinky doggie mine from my neighbor's yard, and held it right in front of the sensor, and even after several minutes, no change. I even cleaned the sensors as they suggest despite the fact that being brand new, it shouldn't have required it.

Had chicken one night, threw a few pieces my 6 year old didn't eat in the garbage, and the next day took the bag out of the can since every time the lid opened you could smell the old meat. Put THAT in front of the unit, also, no change in status, sensor, etc...

What I will say in the positive though,Electrostatic Air Purifiers is that it really is unobtrusive (other than the size, it is much deeper than I had thought, guess I didn't pay attention to the dimensions, which is why I posted the extra pictures so you can see the actual size), and the fan is relatively quiet except on high, and even then it's not annoying, just noticeable. And it does take care of odors pretty well even if it doesn't seem to be sensing anything. I vacuum frequently (hard not to with a 6 year old around) and other than dusting, keep the house pretty clean, but there's sometimes a damp smell from the laundry room you notice when you first walk into it from the garage. This took care of that, as well as just a general "dog used to live here" smell in the great room. I had no ozoneish smell, nothing to tell that it was doing anything other than filtering, but even if I'm not seeing any signs of particulate matter in the filters, at least it is making the air smell fresher.

Only problem was packaging was not good, unit bounced around and the box was damaged in shipping, and I have some marks on the unit that made me wonder if it was used... Still not sure if I'll keep it or return it and try something else, but it at least does help make rooms smell cleaner.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: